From the outside, Pinterest seems to be a user-friendly and fun tool that helps organize bookmarks of the things you like. And it is!
But just like using Facebook or any other social site for a business, there are certain things you need to know in order for your business to reap benefits from being on Pinterest. Sure, anyone can set up a Pinterest profile, but knowing how to properly use Pinterest to it’s fullest potential can mean the difference in thousands of website views.
So you know how to use Pinterest but do you know how to use Pinterest for your business? We have a few questions for you:
- Do you know how to verify your website so that you can access Pinterest analytics? Pinterest analytics are new and possibly the best tool that Pinterest has developed since the site itself. They tell us who’s pinning what, what the most pinned post is on your website, and much more! This information is gold! To gain access to your Pinterest account’s analytics, you must have a verified website. Have you seen that little red check mark that some Pinterest profiles have next to their name. Well, that means their profile is verified. To do this, you will need to either upload an HTML file created by Pinterest to your web server or add a meta tag from Pinterest to your website.
So you know how to use Pinterest but do you know how to use Pinterest for your business?
- Do you know how to add buttons and widgets to your website to let users pin your products easily to their pinboards? The “Pin It” and “Follow” buttons enable viewers to pin an image from your website and promote your presence on Pinterest. You want to make your content as easily shareable as possible. So how do you do that?! Parlez-vous HTML?
- Do you know how to make your Pinterest profile a business-specific account? One thing that Pinterest was able to do that Facebook couldn’t is easily converting your personal account to a business account so you won’t lose any of your pins, boards, or followers. Features of Pinterest business accounts include: the ability to verify your business’s website, bing found quickly in search results, and adding Pinterest buttons and widgets to their websites. In addition, business accounts will also receive updates on new and upcoming Pinterest features.
- Do you know how to link to your Facebook and Twitter profiles to your Pinterest profile? Pinterest gives you the option to link your social sites to your Pinterest profile enabling pinners to connect with you on the various social platforms. Currently you can only connect your Twitter profile and your personal Facebook page, but connecting business pages is coming soon and will be an important tool.
- Do you know how to keyword-optimize your Pinterest profile, pins, and pinboards? It’s no secret that Pinterest’s search function isn’t the best. Mostly because users are not properly using keywords in the descriptions of their photos. The images in your newsfeed are not the only place that you should use keywords to help optimize yourself in search results. Your Pinterest profile is another place that should be heavily keyworded.
- Do you know how to successfully create and carry out a Pinterest contest? Pinterest contests can boost engagement and create excitement around your brand. The keys to creating a successful contest are: sharing beautifully designed promotional images, cross-promoting on social sites, and having great content, keyword optimization, and a fantastic prize!
These are just a few things to consider when you are creating a Pinterest profile for your brand. If you could not answer “yes” to the questions above, you may need our help! And if you answered “Say whaaaat?!’ then you definitely need our help. We’ve had some success when using Pinterest for our clients, and we’ve even been recognized nationally for our efforts.
Give us a call today to schedule a complimentary social site consultation:  321-SPRING.